The committee reviewed 2017 accomplishments, discussed goals for 2018, and assigned tasks.
Hep C Task Force Special Committees Meeting Highlights
At the first Public Education Committee meeting, members created a strategic plan to increase Hepatitis education, awareness and outreach activities throughout NYC.
Committee members designed a second version of the LGBTQ Hepatitis Resource Card and planned a Hep A and B vaccination campaign targeting the LGBTQ community.
The meeting officially launched the Hep C Prevention in Youth Internship Program. Interns created a strategic plan to help prevent Hep C infection among young people through education and social media.
The meeting included an update on the NYC Health Dept Hepatitis Surveillance report, and allowed for planning of committee activities in 2017.
Members of the Hep Free NYC LGBTQ Committee met to discuss activities to be implemented in 2016, including tabling at LGBTQ events and distributing the Hepatitis LGBTQ Resource Card.
On June 21, 2016, members of the Hep Free NYC Faith-based Initiative met to launch the initiative and develop activities to raise awareness about Hepatitis in faith communities.
Members of the LGBTQ Initiative met to organize panel discussions on Hepatitis; help develop a LGBTQ hepatitis personal stories workshop; help produce LGBTQ hepatitis resources; and plan for Pride events.
- Project SUCCEED: HIV/HCV Meeting Highlights | 07-25-2019 August 16, 2019
- Job | Assistant Outreach Coordinator (part-time; 4 days per week) @ Mount Sinai Reach July 31, 2019
- Job | Hepatitis C Peer Navigator (part-time) @ VOCAL-NY July 31, 2019
- Job | Hepatitis C Care Coordinator @ VOCAL-NY July 31, 2019
- Hep B Coalition Meeting Highlights | 06-19-19 July 1, 2019
- Hep B Patient Needed to Speak at NYS Immunization Meetings June 26, 2019
- HepCAP | Hep C Care for Uninsured in NY June 18, 2019