The coalition discussed tips for raising awareness and promoting services, and opportunities for funding support.
Hep B Coalition Special Committees Meeting Highlights
Committee members received printed copies of the Hep A and B vaccination card for MSM, and discussed engagement of trans folks around the topic of hepatitis (Hep C in particular).
The coalition discussed goals for 2017, initiatives for
Committee members received printed copies of the LGBTQ Hepatitis Resource Card and planned a Hep A and B vaccination campaign targeting the LGBTQ community, as well as June Pride events.
At the first Public Education Committee meeting, members created a strategic plan to increase Hepatitis education, awareness and outreach activities throughout NYC.
Committee members designed a second version of the LGBTQ Hepatitis Resource Card and planned a Hep A and B vaccination campaign targeting the LGBTQ community.
Members of the Hep Free NYC LGBTQ Committee met to discuss activities to be implemented in 2016, including tabling at LGBTQ events and distributing the Hepatitis LGBTQ Resource Card.
On June 21, 2016, members of the Hep Free NYC Faith-based Initiative met to launch the initiative and develop activities to raise awareness about Hepatitis in faith communities.
- Webinar | Automated Screening of Hepatitis B & C in the Emergency Department Presented by Dr. Su Wang. April 30 2019. Hosted by HepCX & HepCure May 20, 2019
- Paid Internship | Hepatitis B & C Patient Navigation Specialist (Bilingual Preferred) @ NYC Health Department May 17, 2019
- Hep C Task Force Meeting Highlights | 05-01-2019 May 13, 2019
- New NYS Hepatitis C Elimination Task Force Website is Live March 8, 2019
- Action Alert | Recruiting New Yorkers for Transgender, Gender Non‐Conforming and Non‐Binary Community Advisory Board @ NYC Health Dept March 5, 2019
- NY City Council Discretionary Funding Application (Due 2/19/19) January 12, 2019