Helping patients successfully navigate into care and treatment.
Patient Navigation refers to the assistance offered to patients in “navigating” through the complex health-care system to overcome barriers in accessing quality care and treatment (e.g., arranging financial support, coordinating among providers and setting, arranging for translation services, etc) (NIH). Further definitions of Patient Navigation, Care Navigation, Care Coordination and related terms: Click here
General Patient Navigation Resources
- Education & Training: Learn more about Hep B and Hep C and find risk assessments, brochures, videos and live/online trainings.
- Professional Networking: Hepatitis Patient Navigator Project page – List of Patient Navigators in NYC.
- Referrals for Medical Care & Supportive Services: Find Referrals for your Patients on our Site Locator Page.
- Healthcare Resources for Uninsured: Health Care Access & Benefits Resources.
- Medications: Assistance with the cost of Medications
- Vaccination: City Immunization Registry (CIR) is the central portal for NYC Immunization Records.
- Social Support: View the NYC Hepatitis B & C Support Group Listings
- ACCESS NYC is a free service that helps you find out if you may qualify for over 30 City, State and Federal benefit programs such as Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits or help with utility bills. You can use this service anonymously or you can create an account.
- Transportation: Access-A-Ride. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that entities providing fixed-route bus or subway service also provide paratransit service for individuals unable to use public bus or subway service for some or all of their trips.
- Food: God’s Love We Deliver. God’s Love We Deliver understands the need for delicious and nutritious meals especially when living with a life-altering illness. We provide home-delivered meals, grocery bags, nutrition counseling and more.
- Communication: Assurance – Free Cell Phone from Medicaid. Assurance Wireless offers eligible customers a FREE wireless phone and 250 FREE minutes of nationwide wireless voice service each month. The 250 FREE minutes each month are for local and domestic Long-Distance calling. There are no bills, long-term contracts and activation fees for Assurance Wireless customers.
Hep B Resources
- Hep B Information for Patient Navigators. Detailed information on Hep B for Health Educators.
- FAQs about Hep B in African Community. Questions people at risk for Hep B frequently ask health educators.
- WebMD Vaccine Tracker: A Family Guide to Vaccines for Children and Adults. WebMD provides an easy-to-use tool to help you record and manage vaccinations for your entire family.
Hep C Resources
- Follow Up Strategies for Hard to Reach Hep C Patients (PDF)
- PREP-C: Psychosocial Readiness Evaluation to Prepare for Hep C Treatment. Started as a NYC Hep C Task Force Project and is now available for free to the whole world!