Finding Health Insurance
- NYC Health Insurance ACCESS Link. Helps citizens and small businesses in search of health insurance.
- NYS Health Insurance Marketplace. Compare health insurance plans available through the NYS Marketplace and enroll online in one that’s right for you.
- Community Health Advocates. NY Statewide program to help people of all ages find insurance and resolve insurance issues with help available in multiple languages from community partners (888) 614-5400.
- Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE). Online health insurance access resource.
- Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) (800) 701-0501.
- Public Benefits Resources Center. Tools for accessing all public benefits.
- Benefits Checkup. New York Counsel on Aging.
- Medicare Rights Center. National, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities through counseling and advocacy, educational programs and public policy initiatives.
- Healthcare.gov. Getting Coverage Outside the Marketplace Plan Finder.
Special Extra Help Programs
- Medicaid Buy in Program for Working People with Disabilities. Single person can make up to approximately 56,000 a year and still maintain Medicaid.
- Medicaid Excess Income (“Spenddown” or “Surplus Income”) Program .
- Emergency Medicaid for undocumented immigrants.
Problems with health insurance? Contact:
NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program (NYC MCCAP). Provides trainings and patient assistance.
Community Health Advocates. NY Statewide program to help people of all ages find insurance and resolve insurance issues with help available in multiple languages from community partners (888) 614-5400.
NYS Health Insurance Enrollment Programs with Navigators
|Organization with In-Person Health Insurance Navigators||Bronx||Brooklyn||Manhattan||Queens||Staten Island|
|American Indian Community Housewww.aich.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Bronx Lebanon Hospital Centerwww.bronx-leb.org||x|
|Coalition for Asian American Children and Familieswww.cacf.org||x||x||x||x|
|Community Service Society of New Yorkwww.cssny.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Metropolitan Council on Jewish Povertywww.metcouncil.org||x|
|Morris Heights Health Center Incwww.mhhc.org||x||x|
|Public Health Solutionswww.healthsolutions.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Single Stop USAwww.singlestopusa.org||x||x||x|
|Structured Employment Economic Development Corpwww.seedco.org||x||x||x||x||x|
|Westchester County Department of Healthwww.health.westchestergov.com||x|
|Brooklyn Perinatal Network Incwww.bpnetwork.org||x|
|Addabbo Family Health Centerwww.addabbo.org||x||x|
|Yeled V’Yalda Early Childhood Centerwww.yeled.org||x||x|
|APICHA Community Health Centerwww.apicha.org||x|
|Lesbian & Gay Community Services Centerwww.gaycenter.org||x|
|Safe Space NYC Incwww.safespacenyc.org||x|
|Community Health Center of Richmondwww.chcrichmond.org||x|
|Jewish Community Center of Staten Islandwww.sijcc.org||x|